Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Great Pumpkin Run 2008

This morning I was lucky enough to find myself at Venetucci Farms in Colorado Springs preparing for my second ever 5K. I was determined to run the whole way and improve my previous 5 K time. What a beautiful morning! The sun was rising, a breeze was blowing, and my husband and baby were there to cheer me on. I had a great time. The run took us around a horse barn, a pig pen, around corn fields, through a field where horses were roaming freely (and almost ran us over if it had not been for a cowboy chasing them away), through trees, by Fountain Creek, then on to the finish.




After the race I had a lot of fun showing Carissa her first horse,





chickens, tractorand going to the "Farm Stand." I didn't win any prizes, but I did improve my time by 3 minutes and I ran the entire route. I even closed strong by whipping past two people on my way in. I can not tell you how good it felt to run this morning.

1 comment:

filoli said...

I love this report. I really love that the map has "pigs" marked on it...that is too funny...oh, hey, nice shirt!