Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Perspective

I took a tour of all of Carissa's baby pictures today.....amazing. It's amazing how much she has grown, how beautiful she has become, how much of her own person she is becoming, and how much I love her. Just looking at each of her pictures, even if I was troubled when I started, my heart has softened as I have finished. It is so unexplainable. I don't even like her sometimes!! She can be a brat, a hellion, a demanding, selfish----baby! But she's mine, and she is incredible. I've realized this week how much I struggle with certain things, how I know I struggle with them, but I can't help but be this person I don't want to be. I pray I can keep growing and becoming more beautiful, to grow out of my demanding, selfish babyness. I've never pretended that I have it all together, that I am perfect. I'll never hide the fact that I will always need help. There is so much more out there, and in me.

1 comment:

filoli said...

I keep forgetting to tell you how much everyone was ooohh'ing and ahhhh'ing over her pictures over the holiday. Such a pretty girl!