Friday, July 3, 2009

This Post Made Me Cry

Ok, I know, horrible title, but this post really did make me cry.   Maybe I'm just imagining Carissa crossing the finish line one day and part of my heart going with her, or maybe the part about failures as a parent making us better parents, but it tugged on my heart strings.  I had a thought the other day, yes, just one, that Carissa is this potentially beautiful flower.  God has already given her the genes and DNA and all the potential she will ever need to become her own beautiful creation.  I'm just the gardener who stakes her up when she's over burdened, waters her when she's wilty, covers her with shade netting when she's too hot.  I just need to love her, protect her and support her until she reaches that full bloom, and even after.  All of her beautiful personality is already there, waiting to come out, I'm not going to screw that up.  

2 comments:

rae ann said...

WHAT?! you have a blog?! i suppose i would know this if i visited other people's blogs instead of just going through my reader. i popped over to robin's this morning and saw your link.

C is adorable and it sounds like you're doing a fantastic job by her! i'm excited to go through and read your archives.

rae ann said...

p.s. i saw your pic on the left of C and her gdiaper. i was wondering if you want my coupons that came in my gmum package. if so, shoot me an email and let me know.

growinemgreen at gmail dot com